- By:Trade Bosnian
- What is Magnafolate® C?
Magnafolate® is the patent protected C crystalline L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate Calcium salt (L-5-MTHF Ca) which is invented by Jinkang Pharma from China in 2012.
A scientist Dr.Mitchell from USA extracted around 1mg active folate from four tons of spinach successfully in 1943. However, the chemical property is too active to be stored. “How to make the active folate be stable?” has been a global difficulty since 1943.
The preparation of the Calcium salt and the crystal type C solved the stability problem completely.
Making it into Crystalline type is the key to open the door of stable active folate.
The crystallization technology of Magnafolate® is described in the famous patent of US 9,150,98 B2 (expired until 2032).
Magnafolate® C is the most stable L-methylfolate on the planet.
It has 36 times longer shelf life compared to the generic L-methylfolate (also called amorphous or non-crystalline type).
Note: Magnafolate® C is the only type of L-methylfolate can be stable at IVB zone.
Magnafolate® VS folic acid
· Suitable for all kinds of people including MTHFR gene mutation.
· Higher bioavailability
· No need metabolism, can be absorbed directly
Magnafolate® VS generic L-methylfolate· More stable
· More suitable solubility
Certification and Patent
· Magnafolate® was approved as a New Dietary Ingredients by FDA in 2016.
· NDI 920
· Gras Self-confirmed
· Food grade , produced according to ISO22000
· Drug grade, produced according to cGMP
· Kosher and Halal certificated, etc..
· It’s protected by 80 patents all over the world until now
· Preclinical Bioavailability
· Preclinical Toxicity
· Magnafolate® VS folic acid in birth defect
· Innovative applications (can’t disclose right now)
· Latest USP